Thursday, January 20, 2005

Some forward progress!

Below are a couple of snapshots of the "mostly finished" chassis rework for Cylon. I've finished the cabling to attach a USB device, the Brainstem, and the on button as well as added a few mounting areas to the sensor plane.

OK, I'm ready to test -- I connect the power, press the on button, and....nothing. Hmm, it seems like I'll have to go through and do some additional wire testing, line by line. In all fairness, this weekend I snapped a few cables off my ATX power supply cable while working on the chassis. While I have replacement parts on order that I can use to make a more solid power cable, I did a little "questionable repair" last night that I was hoping would hold me over until the parts arrived. Perhaps that didn't work out as well as I had hoped...